Mary wigman original name marie wiegmann born november 13 1886 hanover germany died september 18 1973 west berlin german dancer a pioneer of the modern expressive dance as developed in central europe. As for the case of many artists understanding the work of mary wigman 13 november 1886 18 september 1973 germany is easier if we relate it to the historical and geographical context in which it happens. Mary wigman was during the 1920s and 30s the most highly regarded modern dancer and choreographer in central europe and one of the principal reasons for the ascendancy there of modern dance over classical ballet until the end of world war ii
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.