Cross purposes definition 1 if two or more people are at cross purposes they do not understand each other because they are talking about different subjects without realizing this 2 if two people or groups are at cross purposes they do not understand each other because they have different intentions learn more. Cross purpose definition is a purpose usually unintentionally contrary to another purpose of oneself or of someone or something else usually used in plural how to use cross purpose in a sentence. Cross purpose krsprps krs n a usually unintentionally conflicting or contrary purpose idiom at cross purposes pursuing conflicting or contrary goals usually unintentionally were working at cross purposes cross purpose n 1 a contrary aim or purpose 2 at cross purposes conflicting opposed disagreeing cross purpose n
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.